Thursday, November 5, 2009

How'd he figure it out? It was Sheer Luck

Ok, so Warners has released a new, two-minute plus trailer for the upcoming Robert Downey / Jude Law Sherlock Holmes movie, and I have to say that it may not be the complete abomination I'd initially feared. Ok, I still think Downey is too young to play Holmes, and I think the attempt to turn Holmes into a Bourne-style action hero is completely misguided (at least they're not yet fitting him for a G.I Joe style steam-powered amplifier suit - after all, they've got to save something for the sequel) but it seems this new trailer downplays that aspect a bit and focuses on the movie having an actual storyline, so maybe there's hope for it yet... Have a look for yourself and lemme know what you think:



Nonetheless, I'm still not convinced that this isn't going to be one of those "in name only" movies that really should have been called something else, but is using the Holmes name to sell a few extra tickets and to justify it being a period piece. Still, I'm willing to (for now) give it the benefit of the doubt, and I suspect I'll be there sometime opening week.

No comments:

Post a Comment