Monday, October 5, 2009

Classic Horror Trailer #5

I douobt that many people will argue with me when I say that very rarely are sequals equal to the original movie. I also doubt that many will argue when I say that today's feature is one of the possible exceptions to that rule. In 1935, four years after the debut of the original, Director James Whale was turned loose to create a new story of the monster. Turning back to the original source, Whale took the B-plot of the story, in which the monster seeks a mate to end its loneliness, as the plot of his sequel. Despite numerous troubles during the production and numerous changes imposed by censors, the result is still nothing less than wonderfully entertaining. here you are then, the trailer for 1935's The Bride of Frankenstein:



And for today's bonus, why don't we take a bit of a left turn and feature one of the all-time prog-rock classics, The Edgar Winter Group performing, what else, "Frankenstein":

No comments:

Post a Comment